Sharing The Love of Jesus

Sharing The Love of Jesus

Friday, August 14, 2009

Teaching!

It was 5:30 am and all 5 of us girls were running around the house getting ready. We had been told over and over again that first impressions were huge, so we really wanted to look our best! We quickly got ready, ate our breakfast and out the door we went for our 7 o’clock morning meeting. During our meeting all of us were just in disbelief that today was truly the first day of school. It had gone by so fast. Just last Sunday our rooms were a mess from all the moving and now they were sparkling clean for the first day of school. After our meeting got out I walked into my classroom and just stood there for a second trying to take it all in. I couldn’t believe that I was actually going to be a teacher for a year. It was all finally hitting me.
As the clock hit 8 I opened the door and the children swarmed the classroom. They were so excited for the first day of school and so was I. All the kids were so cute. Whenever they have a question they always start it by saying miss, miss…. or miss Cynthia I have a question. They definitely are by far the sweetest kids. I was at recess and one of the shyest kids in the class comes up to me and says, “miss Cynthia you are the best teacher I have had at the SDA school.” It made me smile so big and warmed my heart to know that I wasn’t doing terrible as a first time teacher. I also found out today that gifts for the teacher in Saipan are different than the gifts you get in the states. For instance usually it is said that a student gives a teacher an apple. Well not in Saipan because today I got a bag of mangos!!! Can life get any better? I feel so loved and it’s only the second day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment